Friday, September 16, 2011

Frederick Johnson Playground



Whenever I get into a conversation about park hopping I am often asked "aren't you scared to go to some of those places?"  The answer is no, I'm not scared.  Mostly because I've got a good head on my shoulders and know better than to go places that aren't safe.  If we ever arrive at a park that gives me a funny feeling, we leave right away.  That being said, Frederick Johnson Playground is an example of how wrong you can be about places.  Wedged between a school and government houses, this playground is not a place the girls would ever get the chance to visit if it wasn't for our adventure.  The playground is more of a park, with chess tables and benches full of people chatting on phones or eating lunch.  In one corner a group of teenage girls practiced a dance routine, providing me hours of entertainment (why can't I dance like that??). And the girls had a blast.  They made friends and played some sort of cross between house and tag.  The concrete cylinders were also a lot of fun.  Annie wanted to climb up all by herself and then (with my assistance) jump down roughly a billion times.

Highlights
• Concrete Cylinders

Lowlights
• Multiple Entrances • Non-Kid Adults • Litter

What It's Got
• 2 Jungles Gyms (Both Tots) • Concrete Cylinders • 4 Slides • Sprinklers • Tennis Court • Trashcans • Hard-Rubber Tile/Pavement • Chess Tables • Camel

What Parents/Nannies Should Know
• Multiple Entrance • Non-Kid Adults • All Shaded • Litter • Plenty of Benches • Some Blindspots

Nearby
• Deli Across the Street 

Ratings: (out of 5)

Sarah: 

Lexi: 
"This park has two F's- friends and fun!!"

Annie:  X 28
"I like the camel because we can pretend to feed him apples and sunflowers."


No comments:

Post a Comment