Thursday, August 11, 2011

Robert Bendheim Playground (Central Park)




I really like this playground. Wedged between the Upper East Side and Harlem, this Central Park playground is hub of diversity.  The 3 jungle gyms are connected by bridges, which allow kids to run from one spot to the next.  And from this park hopping journey I have come to discover the greatness of jungle gyms with ramps.  The ramps allow tots to easily climb as well as let older kids run freely throughout the structure.  The openness of the playground makes the whole area visible and the surrounding trees bring in a plethora of shade.  I think after reviewing a slew of less-than-stellar places, the Robert Bendheim playground is a breath of fresh air.
Highlights
• Sprinkler Tunnel

Lowlights
• Sand from the sandbox is all over (and wet)

What It’s Got
2 Baby Swings • 1 Handicap Swing • Sandbox (With 2 Work Tables) • 3 Jungle Gyms (all connected by bridges) • 6 Slides • 2 Water Fountains • Sprinkler Tunnels • Hard Rubber Ground/Pavement

What Parents/Nannies Should Know
Benches All Around • 1 Entrance • Bathrooms Inside Fence • Shady • Trashcans Outside Fence (and inside bathroom)

Nearby

Ratings: (Out of 5)

Sarah: 

Lexi: 

Annie:  X 28
"The sprinklers almost look like stars.  Almost."


8 comments:

  1. Hey, you made the front page of Yahoo! You're famous! Cool blog, cool project. Have a fun and safe summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your
    next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    Basement Remodeling Fairfax VA & best remodeling contractor fairfax va

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog, usually I don't post comments on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so!

    Roofing Contractor Loganville & Commercial Roofing Loganville

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.

    Parking Lot Striping Atlanta & Seal Coating Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    Tree Removal Service Portland & Snow Plowing Portland, OR

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so impressive and nice title of blog. I am always searching such type of Blog that gave some useful knowledge and relax our mind. So Very thanks for design this type of content and what are you thing at time of write. Thanks for sharing views.

    Landscape Design in Kansas City MO & irrigation installation services Kansas City MO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey admin, your blog's design is so cool and loving it. Your articles are so cool. Please continue this great work. Greets!!!

    Roofing contractors in Atlanta Ga & Commercial Roofing Service Atlanta

    ReplyDelete