Monday, August 22, 2011

St. Nicholas Playground (St. Nicholas Park)






The girls loved this park because a group of camp kids came in with a bunch of hula-hoops and they let us borrow them.  If it wasn’t for that, I’m not sure we would’ve lasted as long here.  With no clear entrance/exit I had to keep an extra close eye on the girls and the overflowing trashcans attracted too many bugs.  I don’t know about you, but I have sweet skin and bugs always seem to single me out so even when they aren’t biting me I am so afraid they will that it’s hard to concentrate on things like the monkey bars.  The playground was well shaded, but that’s about the only nice thing I have to say.

Highlights
• Mostly Shaded

Lowlights
Lots of trash/full trashcans • No Gates

What It’s Got
Baby Swings • 2 Jugnle Gyms • 4 Slides • Monkey Bars • Gymnast Rings • Camel Sculpture • Hard-Rubber Tile/Pavement • Basketball Court • Water Fountain •Trashcans (but all full)

What Parents/Nannies Should Know
80% Shaded • Multiple Entrances/No Gate • Bathrooms Inside the Park

Ratings: (Out of 5)

Sarah: 

Lexi: 
"I just can't help it, I love monkey bars."

Annie:  X 18
"I made up a song about hula hoops."




1 comment:

  1. With no clear entrance/exit I had to keep an extra close eye on the girls and the overflowing trashcans attracted too many bugs.

    ReplyDelete